The Building Inspections Department administers professionally-accepted standards and adopted regulations to safeguard life, safety, health, property, and public welfare of all construction-related activity within the City limits. We are responsible for the enforcement of the City’s adopted building and construction codes and ordinances.
|Construction hours are from 7a.m. to 7p.m.|
Building permits shall be obtained prior to making an improvements or alterations to a property. Call us is you have any questions about the permitting process or if a permit is needed.
When is a permit needed?
- New Construction
- Interior Remodels
- Alteration and Repairs
- Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical
- Construction of Interior walls greater than 5 feet 10 inches in height
- Retaining Walls
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs, Accessory Buildings
- Lawn Irrigation Systems, Decks, and Patio Covers
Steps for New Construction
- Complete the appropriate building permit application and get your permit approved by the City
- Start your project
- Get inspected
- Get a final inspection
The permit and inspection fees, herein provided, shall be paid to the City before the issuance of a permit and before any work is started. Note: Permit and inspection fees are subject to change.
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2017 International Electrical Code
The inspection cut off time is 7 a.m. for all inspections. The only exception will be foundation inspections. This will still be conducted in an a.m./p.m. format. We will make every effort to perform inspections.
In the event of unusual circumstances, some inspections may be carried over to the next business day.
Please call the 24-hour request line for all inspection requests at (972) 843-8060 and follow the prompts..
The inspector's office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. and 3 to 4 p.m. Inspection hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.