Curbside sanitation services are provided by Duncan Disposal under an agreement with the
City of Josephine. Regular trash pickup is every Wednesday. Thursday is trash pickup day for
the Fountain View Subdivision. This includes ordinary household wastes.
For more information on sanitation services contact the city at 972-843-8282.
The City of Josephine also sponsors a citywide clean-up day for Josephine residents
and water customers with trash service. We will put the date on the water bill when
we have the date.
The fee to use the dumpster is:
- $30.00 for 1 pickup load
- $60.00 for a trailer up to 16 ft
- $150.00 for a trailer over 16 ft
Please contact city hall for dumpster access in advance.
Trash Pick-up Requirements
Pickup Day: Each Wednesday for all residents and Thursday for Fountain View
- Each Wednesday for all residents and Thursday for Fountain View
- Trash Cart to be ready for pickup at road edge by 7:00 a.m. on each Wednesday
- Trash to be in disposable plastic bags and tied
- No large containers with loose trash
- Brush to be cut into 4-foot lengths and stacked in easily manageable bundles
- Pickup may need to be done on a different day when a holiday is observed by Duncan, but trash WILL be picked up each week (July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day)
- Items that will not be picked up include waste prohibited under federal/state law: medical waste, liquid waste, auto tires, oil filters, lead-acid batteries, petroleum products and by-products, explosive materials or any other landfill prohibited material prohibited material
Article 4.00 Sanitation
Sec. 4.001 Garbage Collection
Trash Roll Off Rates 20 Yard
$3.47 Per Day
$364.93 Per Dump
Sec. 4.002 Use of City Dumpsters
$3.47 Per Day
$456.98 Per Dump
$3 .47 Per Day
$525.39 Per Dump
City dumpsters maintained at the sewer plant shall be made available for use by City residents
for a non prorated charge as follows:
(a) Pickup truck or car – $30.00
(b) Trailers up to 16′ in length – $60.00
(c) Trailers over 16′ in length – $150.00
Residents may obtain a permit for use of the dumpsters upon presentation of a current water bill stub and payment of the required fee at City Hall. No batteries, building materials, paint, tires or appliances may be disposed of in a City dumpster.